2012年4月26日木曜日

Aquatoto



Last Saturday, a new friend took me to Aquatoto with her two-year-old daughter.  Aquatoto is a freshwater aquarium that was actually pretty close to where I live.  It was only a 30 minute drive. 

The Aquarium was quite nice!  You start on the fourth floor and make your way down to the first floor.  The further you went, the bigger the fish got.  I was surprised!  They also had crocodiles and piranhas!  Here are the pictures:


















This blowfish was beautiful!  And it was very active.  It was having a jolly good time!





This boy was sketching one of the fish.  His drawing was amazing!







That is my friend and her daughter.  The fish behind them are at least 6 to 7 feet long!  My friend’s little girl didn’t cry the entire time.  (Apparently the big fish normally scare her and she starts crying.)  She was a brave girl!  (Sorry for the bad photo, they didn’t allow flash.  Which is understandable!  Poor fish!)

Here are the piranhas! 




If you know me, you know I like bugs, frogs, and turtles!














I especially liked the two turtles that were snuggling.  It made me think of my lovely husband, who will be town next week (finally!)



Ok, the craziest thing I saw was a large salamander that was at least three feet long.  I’ve never seen anything like it!  I’ve never heard about anything like it!  Unfortunately, my pictures aren’t very good, but here they are:





Later I saw some snuggling otters.  *sigh*  One more week…one more week…





And that’s it!  In the evening, I had dinner with the whole family.  We had tacos, and it was great!  I was so inspired that I bought some of my own tacos and salsa yesterday.  So delicious and so easy!  But I’m getting a little off track... 

Thank you to my new friends for a wonderful, rainy day at Aquatoto.  I had a great time and hopefully I will see them again real soon.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿