2011年8月25日木曜日

Living In Japan

So far I have lived in Tarui, Japan since August 11th.  Tarui is a very small town in Japan inbetween Nagoya and Kyoto.  The population of Tarui is around 30,000 people.  The people of Tarui speak very limited English (if any), but they are all very kind and patient people. 

For my new teaching position, I will be assisting 7-9 Junior High English teachers at two schools in Tarui.  I have worked since the 11th (yes, I have to work the entire year even though the students aren't in school yet) at the Tarui School Board.  I sit at a desk and work on Introduction Speeches and Introduction Powerpoint Presentations.  So far, work has been uneventful, but I look forward to working with the students soon! 

Tomorrow I will be assisting two Junior High Teachers from Kita Junior High in an English Workshop.  It should be fun!!!  So until tomorrow....Dewa mata!

1 件のコメント:

  1. So, are you part of the JET programme? Are you the schoolboard support for the Assistant Language Teachers?

    返信削除